1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Social Security Disability
  4.  » Do I Qualify?

Do I Qualify For Social Security Disability?

It may be obvious to you and those around you that you are disabled and simply cannot work. However, in order to obtain Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits, you must prove your disability to the Social Security Administration (SSA). This requires extensive documentation and adherence to the SSA’s complex rules and procedures.

At Bartels Sherman & Wallace, we are well-versed in the SSA’s rules and know what information SSA officials are looking for when evaluating SSD benefits claims. We have helped thousands of clients prove their disabilities, including those with hard-to-prove claims and those who had all but given up hope. Let us help you. Contact us today online or by phone at 870-330-4377 to arrange a consultation.

Qualification Criteria

The SSA defines disability by the following criteria:

  • Your condition must prevent you from doing the work you did before and prevent you from adjusting to other work
  • Your disability must have lasted at least 12 months or be expected to last for at least 12 months, or be expected to result in death

In addition to meeting the definition of disabled, you must also have paid into the system by working long enough and recently enough in a job that pays into Social Security. The amount of time you must have worked depends to some degree upon your age. We can evaluate your situation to determine if you have earned enough Social Security work credits to qualify for SSD benefits.

If you do not meet the work requirement for SSD, you may be able to obtain Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits.

Contact An SSD Attorney Serving Clients From Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee And Nationwide

Are you seeking Social Security Disability Insurance benefits? We are here for you. Contact us today online or by phone at 870-330-4377 to arrange a consultation with a knowledgeable SSD/SSI lawyer in Arkansas. We serve clients from Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, North Carolina and throughout the United States.