The SSD Process
If you are disabled and seeking Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits, you will have to contend with the SSD process. The Social Security Administration (SSA) does not make it easy to obtain benefits. Many people become so frustrated with the delays, paperwork and rejections that they choose to give up.
If you are having difficulty obtaining SSD benefits, we urge you to keep fighting. Even if your initial claim has been rejected, the attorneys at Bartels Sherman & Wallace can help you pursue a successful result through the SSD appeals process.
We work tirelessly to make the SSD process as stress-free and successful for our clients as possible. Contact us today online or by phone at 870-330-4377 to arrange a consultation with an experienced SSD lawyer in Arkansas.
What To Expect From The SSD Process
Our attorneys have extensive experience handling SSD claims and can help you with all stages of the process, including SSD appeals:
- Initial application: Many initial applications are turned down due to errors.
- Request for reconsideration: If your initial application is denied, we can draft and file a request for reconsideration. These written appeals must be filed within 60 days of the rejection of the initial application. Our attorneys can handle this for you.
- Administrative law judge hearing: If your request for reconsideration is denied, we can represent you in the next step, a hearing with an administrative law judge. In this hearing, we can present evidence and testimony that supports your claim.
- Appeals Council: If your claim is denied by the ALJ, the next step in the process is an appeal before the SSA Appeals Council. If you are successful at this level, your case will go back to another ALJ hearing.
- Federal court appeals: If the appeals council denies your claim, you can still appeal to the federal district court. Our firm handles federal court appeals for clients throughout the United States. We have one of the highest win rates in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit. We accept attorney referrals for federal court appeals.
While the SSD process can be daunting, guidance from an experienced attorney can make it much easier to bear. Our lawyers are prepared to guide you through all stages of the SSD process, giving you the best possible chance of obtaining a successful result.
Contact A Social Security Disability Claims Attorney In Arkansas
If you are seeking SSD benefits, our law firm is here to help. Contact us today online or by phone at 870-330-4377 to arrange a consultation with a knowledgeable SSD lawyer in Arkansas. We handle Social Security Disability claims and appeals for clients from Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee and throughout the United States.